Send Your Short Stories to This is Writing and Win Some Money!
Our friends over at This is Writing have a short story contest currently running until the 16th of August.
It’s free to enter and the cash prizes are:
1st Prize: $400
2nd Prize: $200
3rd Prize: $100
$50 for six runner ups
Not too bad, eh?
Carolyn and I are on the panel of judges for the contest. Good luck! Included below are some further details from the contest.
- Submit a 2000 – 5000 word fiction short story
- Please include a title. This will not count towards your word count.
- Entries must be submitted online by midnight Eastern Time 16th August 2017.
- Only online entries will be accepted.
- Entry is free. Limit one entry per person.
- Entry must be original and unpublished.
- Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, quality, spelling, and grammar.
- When submitting your entry you must include your student number, university and course title.
- All entries will be published in a short story collection. By submitting your work you are agreeing to have your work published if selected as one of the winners.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited UK, US, Canadian, Australian or New Zealand Tertiary Education Institution.
- The scholarship is open to Undergraduate, Masters, Doctorate or Post-Graduate students studying Creative Writing, Literature or equivalent degree.
- Application Period: 16th June 2017 to 16th August 2017. The winners will be announced 16th September 2017.
How To Enter
Only electronic submissions will be considered. Email your manuscript file to email@example.com
Please include the required materials as the initial pages of your manuscript file. Submissions should follow these formatting guidelines: twelve-point font, double-spaced text, numbered pages. Note that we only accept PDF or Word files (.doc and .docx).
Required details: Full Name, University, Course Name, Student ID, Story Title.
These details will be used to confirm current enrollment in a creative writing course in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand or Canada.