Endless Beautiful Workshops are a lightweight solution to help break the ice during events, help build teams, and strengthen relationships in a non-formal and formal setting. All you will need for this ice breaker is something to play the session like a computer and a set of speakers, a laptop, or even your cell phone. You can tell the participants to bring something to write or type with or you can have it readily available.
Start off by telling everyone that they should write whatever comes to mind when they listen to the EB Session. Also tell them that they will be sharing their results in either smaller groups or in front of the larger group.
Additional Guidelines to Break the Ice with EB
- Tell participants to not just identify the sounds (This is not a gameshow!)
- You might get some grumbles when it comes to the sharing. Stand your ground and make sure they do it! The sharing portion of the workshop is extremely important!
- If participants are scratching their heads as to what to do, help them try to jot down any memories that come up.
- It’s a good idea for you to give an EB Session a shot prior to running one with the group. You don’t need to be an expert, but you will feel much more confident leading the exercise.
- If you have reluctant sharers, you can have participants pick slips of paper with numbers.
- Remember to have fun!